[Swift-devel] faster branch merge

Michael Wilde wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Sat Jul 6 10:09:19 CDT 2013

> A lot of files have been moved around in the faster branch. I'm
> thinking
> that instead of merging the faster branch into trunk and then dealing
> with all the conflicts and weirdness, I would rather manually merge
> all
> the changes from trunk and 0.94 into the faster branch and then move
> trunk out of the way and then rename the faster branch to trunk. I
> might
> take this opportunity to remove the "current" part from the path.
>
> Any objections? Am I missing something that says I shouldn't do this?

This sounds good to me.

Minor related issue: is there any way to move the parts of CoG we dont use out of our view while developing?  Eg an optional but more selective checkout, perhaps just a set of excludes on the example checkout instructions?

Also some day: is there a good point to change vdl2 to swift, before 1.0 ?