[Swift-devel] condor leave_in_queue

Mihael Hategan hategan at mcs.anl.gov
Sat Jul 6 03:35:12 CDT 2013

On Sat, 2013-07-06 at 03:08 -0500, David Kelly wrote:
> Mihael,
>

> Thanks for the info.
>

> The problem we were seeing was that condor jobs were not being
> removed.
>  They would complete, but remain visible from condor_q forever until
> manually removed by the user with condor_rm.

We should find out why the removal isn't working. But I agree that there
is no fail-safe in the current system and there should be.

>  At the suggestion of the uc3 admins, I tried testing with
> leave_in_queue set to false. Jobs are being removed now, and I just
> ran a quick test (uc3 /home/davidk/test4/run003) to verify exit codes
> still being read correctly, but perhaps there is a better fix?

I believe there might be. If I remember correctly, values can be
expressions and they can be expressions that depend on time, such as
leave_in_queue = (now() - jobEndTime < some_interval). Maybe. It would
be good if that were true.

Mihael