[Swift-devel] Welcome Yadu Nand - and initial work plan

Yadu Nand yadudoc1729 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 06:21:45 CST 2013

@Mike, Thank you for the introductions and for the detailed plan.

@Tim, Thanks :)

I have worked with Justin and Mihael earlier for my GSoC project and over
the past
few months on Swift/T with Tim and Justin. I understand the difficulties in
working
across time-zones, but I am confident that we can cover for it via skype,
email and IRC.

I look forward to working with all of you closely, and I'm really excited
that I will be
working on swift full-time!

For this week, I'm working towards getting access to all machines that I'd
need,
and getting 0.94RC running with tests.

Could any of you help with tagging the place where the following (missing)
resources need to
be requested from (MCS resource / CI resource ) ?

Midway - from
http://rcc.uchicago.edu/user_documentation/general_user_account_request.html
Fusion -
MCS - from https://wiki.uchicago.edu/display/uc3/UC3+Quickstart. (needs
cnet id)
UC3 -
Beagle -  CI resource ? (I made this request in the CI account request
process)
Raven -
Hera -
Stampede -
Kraken -
Hopper -
XSEDE - Create account -> https://portal.xsede.org (resource  TG-ASC090068)
Interpid - Create account -> http://accounts.alcf.anl.gov ( Pending )

Thanks,
Yadu

On Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 9:24 AM, Tim Armstrong <tim.g.armstrong at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Welcome Yadu!
>

> On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 11:29 AM, Michael Wilde <wilde at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:
>>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Yadu Nand, who you all know, starts today as temporary professional from
India. Please welcome him to this new role.

>> I'd like to use this opportunity to re-focus more of our group
communication back on the Swift-Devel list.

>> I've assigned Yadu the following initial plan/roadmap:
>>
>> - learn how to run Swift 0.94
>> - learn coasters
>> - get access to the 0.94 test platforms (Midway, Fusion, MCS, UC3,
Beagle, Raven, Hera, Stampede, Kraken, Hopper)
>> - help David add and integrate app tests into 0.94 (doubling as the
initial "stress" tests)
>> - work with David on Swift 0.94 testing and release
>> - learn Bugzilla
>> - set up irc for us
>> - add stress and performance tests (and capture and document performance
plots)
>> - learn and improve Swift logging
>> - help improve docs on the way
>>
>> Then for longer term:
>>
>> - unify testing between Swift K (1.0) and T (2.0)
>> - adapt and support Coasters for Swift 2.0
>> - unify and improve logging/tracing between 1.0 and 2.0
>>
>> David, can you help Yadu this week to get on the necessary test
platforms, to fid the apps to integrate into the test suite, and to run
(and improve the documentation of) the Swift/K test suite?