[Swift-devel] Work directory on a non-shared filesystem

David Kelly davidk at ci.uchicago.edu
Thu Feb 7 20:10:43 CST 2013

Is it possible to have a work directory on a non-shared filesystem (/tmp) without using provider staging? I'm not staging any files in or out with swift, just passing strings. When I try this, I get an 127 app failure for some reason (the app is /bin/bash).

I've been able to set the work directory to a shared filesystem, and set the scratch tag to /tmp. That combination seems to work fine. But ideally I'd like to avoid the shared filesystem as much as possible.

It also seems to work fine with /tmp as the work directory and with provider staging enabled.

Just curious if this configuration is possible somehow. Thanks!

David Michael Kelly
Systems Programmer
5735 S. Ellis Ave. Chicago, IL 60637