[Swift-devel] Knowledge lab app on Midway using new swift-config

Yadu Nand yadudoc1729 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 13 20:14:29 CST 2013

Hi,

I tried the new swift-config on Swift-0.95 RC1 on Midway today for a text
processing app from the Knowledge lab.

Here are some of the things I noted.
1. Config is super easy! This is all I had to do :
site=westmere
site.westmere.slurm.exclusive=false
use.provider.staging=true
# App definition
app.westmere.python=/usr/bin/python

2. Some settings were off when using my Swift-0.95 build. I had to module
load swift and swift-conf, to get echo to be recognized as an app. Python
still would throw the error "application "python" is not available for any
site/pool in your tc.data catalog". This error should be corrected to point
at swift.properties instead.

3. The .rlog file shows up the user directory. Can we have this to go to
the run* dir.
Occasionally .d folders also show up.

4. Why does a swift.log file show up in the user dir? It contains no useful
info.

Thanks,
Yadu