[Swift-devel] Try the "TrySwift" pre-release snapshot

Michael Wilde wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Dec 13 09:55:29 CST 2013

Thanks, Ian - excellent ideas.  Notes below

> -- It would be nice to be able to show the C code for "simulate" (for
> example) so that people understand the complete example.

+1.  (its a simple shell script at the moment; we'd like to recode in C, Python, R etc just to show the flexibility in a prospective user's "native" language.

> -- It would be interesting longer term to allow people to access data
> produced in earlier computations in later computations (?)

+2. We'll need to associate a file "workspace" with your session. And put limiters on what can be created, perhaps via directory quotas and file name restrictions. Initial we can just keep it simple and trust users. Its just a VM after all.

> -- Include the Swift logo somewhere

+1

> -- Where are the VMs?

At the moment, they are CI VMs.

> -- Link to CI Connect?

Plans for this are underway (also OSG Connect)