[Swift-devel] monitor updates

Mihael Hategan hategan at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Aug 8 21:33:52 CDT 2013

Hi,

I just committed some updates to the monitors. Mainly support for charts
in the http monitor and sampling feeds from coasters, in particular the
number of active cores. This was motivated by Mike's observation that
some surprising coaster behavior regarding node allocation could be
better understood if there was an easy way to look at both active
coaster cores and active jobs.

I also spent two days on a jfreechart based gantt chart that turned out
to be waaaaay to slow if you had a few hundred jobs (which is a low
number for most serious applications). So I'm pretty upset about that.

Please test if you can. I'll suspend improvements on the monitors for
now and focus on bug fixing since various inconvenient bugs have started
to crop up. But the long term plan is terminal windows into nodes with
coasters and ability to use the swing monitor code for off-line
plotting.

Mihael