[Swift-devel] Swift/K on Titan

Michael Wilde wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Aug 7 09:40:40 CDT 2013

Scott, David,

The problem here is this:  Swift is still generating a submit file for a "vanilla" PBS cluster and trying to ssh to the nodes of the job to start a coaster on each node.

For Cray systems it needs to use aprun instead.  So that part of the sites file needs to be re-adjusted.

You can see in the *.submit.stderr file all the errors from ssh, and from the .submit file, the fact that the ssh logic is there at all is incorrect for Cray systems.

You should check the beagle logic and behavior, and then get the same to work on Titan but with the Titan-specific adjustments to the submit-file.  Maybe "mpp" should be "cray" with variants "cray-titan" and cray-kraken.

- Mike