[Swift-devel] midway jobs not directed to right site

Ketan Maheshwari ketancmaheshwari at gmail.com
Fri Apr 19 20:32:58 CDT 2013

Hi,

I am trying to run a script where some lightweight jobs were destined to
run on localhost while others were to run on sandyb/westmere queues in
midway.

I do this by putting the right handle before the app name in my tc. The
corresponding pool entry being in the sites.xml

However, it looks like all the jobs in the script are running on localhost
instead.

When I comment out the localhost part from the sies.xml and the script, I
correctly get them to run on sandyb/westmere queues.

In order to verify this, I tried to run a Swift script with three jobs each
destined to westmere, sandyb and localhost echoing a message and printing
the hostname. I do find the same behavior in this case too. Jobs were all
running on localhost and none on the queues.

See the above mentioned example bundle with logs and config files here:

http://www.mcs.anl.gov/~ketan/sites_exp.tgz

Should run straightaway with ./run.midway and . in PATH.

Feature or bug?
--
Ketan