[Swift-devel] jobthrottle value does not correspond to number of parallel jobs on local provider

Michael Wilde wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Oct 23 16:00:31 CDT 2012

Ketan,

I tested this with a recent trunk rev and it seems to work. Can you try to replicate the test below and proceed from there to make your specific app pattern work?

This was run on pads.

- Mike

login2$ swift -config cf -cdm.file direct -tc.file tc -sites.file sites.xml catsndirect.swift -n=1

Swift trunk swift-r5920 cog-r3471 (cog modified locally)

RunID: 20121023-1554-vese3gh6
Progress:  time: Tue, 23 Oct 2012 15:54:47 -0500
Final status: Tue, 23 Oct 2012 15:54:47 -0500  Finished successfully:1

login2$ cat catsndirect.swift
type file;

app (file o) cat (file i)
{
  cat @i stdout=@o;
}

file out[]<simple_mapper; location="/tmp/wilde/outdir", prefix="f.",suffix=".out">;

foreach j in [1:@toint(@arg("n","1"))] {
  file data<"/tmp/wilde/indir/data.txt">;
  out[j] = cat(data);
}

login2$ cat cf
wrapperlog.always.transfer=true
sitedir.keep=true
execution.retries=0
lazy.errors=false
status.mode=provider
use.provider.staging=false
provider.staging.pin.swiftfiles=false
use.wrapper.staging=false

login2$ cat direct
rule  .* DIRECT /

login2$ cat sites.xml
<config>
  <pool handle="localhost">
    <execution provider="local" />
    <filesystem provider="local" />
    <workdirectory>/scratch/local/wilde/pstest/swiftwork</workdirectory>
  </pool>
</config>
login2$