[Swift-devel] jobthrottle value does not correspond to number of parallel jobs on local provider

Ketan Maheshwari ketancmaheshwari at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 14:52:48 CDT 2012

Now trying with cdm. My cdm policy file contains a single line as follows:

rule .* DEFAULT /

This seems to be working at stage in because I immediately see my jobs
starting. However, it fails immediately after with a message:
"Execution failed:
The following output files were not created by the application:"

Followed by a list of outputs. I recall this could happen if absolute
pathnames are not provided, so I updated my mappers.sh scripts with
absolute pathnames including a double // in the beginning without success.

The run log do not show any specific indicators of error other than the
above message.

I see a bunch of CDM_POLICY CDM_ACTION lines in the wrapper.log in one of
the many jobdirs as follows:
CDM_POLICY: /home/train07/ketan_mars/swift/result52/mars.ot48 -> DEFAULT /
CDM_ACTION:
/home/train07/ketan_mars/swift/swift.workdir/mars-20121023-1240-vbptd8i9/jobs/g/mars-gtln0yzk
OUTPUT /home/train07/ketan_mars/swift/result52/mars.ot48 DEFAULT /

Not sure if something could've gone wrong here.

Attaching the log file and one of the job dirs.

Regards,
Ketan

--
Ketan