[Swift-devel] Data-aware scheduling in Swift ?

Emalayan Vairavanathan svemalayan at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 29 12:06:22 CDT 2012

Thank you Jon, Mike and Justin.

Having this functionality would be really useful for us to demonstrate how useful extended attributes are in MosaStore in long term. Further for our SC paper this is a critical functionality and we need this to support both pipeline and reduce patters.

Mike: I will be happy to help with this. In terms of effort and priories, how much time we need to spend to get this done? Is it feasible to target this for our SC paper ?

Justin: We do have numbers for the difference between a local MosaStore access and a remote access on our cluster. This is what we have published in CCGrid 2012 (I have attached the paper). But we do not have numbers on BG/P. I can try it on BG/P and get back to you.

Matei: Do you have any suggestion ?

Thank you
Emalayan