[Swift-devel] Data-aware scheduling in Swift ?

Emalayan Vairavanathan svemalayan at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 29 10:59:41 CDT 2012

Hi All,

I have a question about how swift schedules computations.

Suppose there are two computation stages namely Stage-A and Stage-B in an application. Stage-A produces the data and Stage-B consumes the data . Could you please tell me how swift schedules these computations? Does it schedules Stage-A and Stage-B on the same node or on multiple nodes?
Is it possible to configure the swift to schedules these computations on the same node (or is this the default behavior of swift ) ?

Thank you
Emalayan