[Swift-devel] Issues with Montage & Swift-CDM

Emalayan Vairavanathan svemalayan at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 22 15:47:18 CDT 2012

Hi Jon,

I already tried different combinations too. Some works and some does not work.

The cdm rules  you provided (fs_1.data) works; But some cdm rules (fs_2.data,  fs_3.data, fs_4.data and fs_5.data) didnt work.

To run montage with Mosa+Swift we need  to use rules in fs_3.data (input is in GPFS, intemediate results in Mosa, and output should be written again to GPFS). Or may be we can modify montage-swift script to do stage-in and stage-out data. In this case we need some rules as in fs_5.data.

I think the some stage of montage expect the input to be in a specific location. Please let me know if you need any help with debugging.

Also please correct me if I am wrong.

Thank you
Emalayan

fs_1.data

rule .*raw_dir.* DIRECT /home/emalayan/App/montage-swift-cdm/SwiftMontage/scripts
rule .*header.hdr.* DIRECT /home/emalayan/App/montage-swift-cdm/SwiftMontage/scripts/
rule .*proj_dir/.* DIRECT /tmp/local1
rule .*diff_dir/.* DIRECT /tmp/local2
rule .*stat_dir/.* DIRECT /tmp/local3
rule .*rect_dir/.* DIRECT /tmp/local4

fs_2.data
rule .*raw_dir.* DIRECT /home/emalayan/App/montage-swift-cdm/SwiftMontage/scripts
rule .*header.hdr.* DIRECT /home/emalayan/App/montage-swift-cdm/SwiftMontage/scripts/
rule .*proj_dir/.* DIRECT /tmp/local1
rule .*diff_dir/.* DIRECT /tmp/local2
rule .*stat_dir/.* DIRECT /tmp/local3
rule .*rect_dir/.* DIRECT /tmp/local4
rule .*final/.* DIRECT /tmp/local5

fs_3.datarule .*raw_dir.* DIRECT /home/emalayan/App/montage-swift-cdm/SwiftMontage/scripts
rule .*header.hdr.* DIRECT /home/emalayan/App/montage-swift-cdm/SwiftMontage/scripts/
rule .*final.* DIRECT  /home/emalayan/App/montage-swift-cdm/SwiftMontage/scripts/
rule .*.* DIRECT /tmp/local

fs_4.data

rule .*raw_dir.* DIRECT /home/emalayan/App/montage-swift-cdm/SwiftMontage/scripts
rule .*header.hdr.* DIRECT /home/emalayan/App/montage-swift-cdm/SwiftMontage/scripts/
rule .*.* DIRECT /tmp/local

fs_5.data (Here I copied all the input data to /tmp/local)

rule .*.* DIRECT /tmp/local