[Swift-devel] Swift Licensing

Ben Clifford benc at hawaga.org.uk
Wed Jan 18 17:04:39 CST 2012

On Dec 6, 2011, at 8:52 PM, David Kelly wrote:

> Copyright 2011 University of Chicago

> Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License");
> you may not use this file except in compliance with the License.

At least anything that I contributed under a personal basis and outside of my employment with the university of chicago is neither copyright the university of chicago, nor licensed under the apache license.

I have no idea if there is any such code in the tree at the moment (nor indeed if there ever has been) but previously Argonne seemed very excited about the idea that there might be and that I should license it to them (not under the apache license).

Also, I think Milena had personal copyright to her contributions (though I don't know if those are still in the tree) sometime around 2008-ish.

All of the above mentioned copyrights started earlier than 2011.