[Swift-devel] Failed to start channel GSSCChannel (trunk, coasters, ssh-cl:pbs)

Thomas Uram turam at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Feb 6 17:38:13 CST 2012

Okay, with this version, my job succeeded:

http://www.mcs.anl.gov/~turam/20120206-1731/hostname-20120206-1603-am03uzbb.log

This requires that GLOBUS_TCP_PORT_RANGE be set properly so the bootstrap service is started where it can be reached.

I do get the original error message a number of times:

Caused by: org.globus.cog.karajan.workflow.service.channels.ChannelException: Failed to start channel GSSCChannel-https://206.12.24.2:34724(2)[1625488363: {}]
Caused by: java.net.NoRouteToHostException: No route to host

It seems to start and stop the coaster service on a variety of ports, one of which eventually succeeds. I don't have documentation to tell me the open port range on the target cluster (I'll get it), but in the meantime, I've discovered some ports that work. Can I specify the port range to be used for the coaster service? I've seen some discussion on the mailing lists about doing so in the context of "coaster-service". At the moment, I'm just running Swift with the configuration you see in the log above. Can I specify the port in my case, or should I use the "coaster-service" script instead?

Thanks!

Tom