[Swift-devel] Update

Michael Wilde wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Apr 20 10:09:15 CDT 2012

----- Original Message -----

Yes, please update trunk. I dont know how updates to 0.93 are being handled. How do we make these available to users? How many such changes do we have already?

> 2) I added a line to the swift bash script to echo a warning message
> if SWIFT_HOME is set manually and what it is set too. I know this
> problem has bit you in the butt before and it seemed to have bit
> Gustav over the weekend. Is this a solution that you feel would solve
> the SWIFT_HOME set wrong problem?

Sounds reasonable to say "SWIFT_HOME set to NNN".  If we agree that this is only used in exceptional cases, can say "WARNING: SWIFT_HOME overidden to NNN. This may affect correct behavior." or something like that.

We should also remove the currently annoying message about sites file overridden. That is not helping anything and just adding noise.

Please discuss (1) and (2) on Swift devel and at today's meeting.

> 3) I am finishing up small scale test files that uses the compute
> nodes on Raven and Hera to send to Dave. Should be done within the
> hour.

I see Dave's report on these. Lets discuss the bencmark.

> 4) I have an initial script that averages a group of data lines in the
> XY column data I have from a full scale SciColSim run(this was
> Justin's suggestion). I am going to apply this to my data and replot
> and send the plot. I will then commit this util script to trunk for
> the plotting tools.

Still waiting to see this, I think?

> I will send an update at the end of the day of what was accomplished
> and what issues are blocking me.

?

Q: Can we use the benchmark to get a full scicol sim run done?

Also: whats the state of testing reproducibility for SciCol with the BOOST RNG?

I discussed this with Justin; they want reproducibility for testing.  Can we generate a vector of RN's up front wherever reproducibility depends on task ordering? (I can discuss what this means...)