[Swift-devel] hanging in trunk

Jonathan Monette jonmon at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Apr 2 17:11:00 CDT 2012

Hello,
   I tried running the SciColSim application using trunk to test the fix Mihael added for the sockets and pipes issue and the application is hanging.  I do not witness this hanging situation when using 0.93.  The compressed tar ball of the run that hung is at http://www.ci.uchicago.edu/~jonmon/logs/SciColSim-hang-trunk.tar.gz

There is a jstack output file in that tar ball.  I am currently testing to see if maybe the fix Mihael added is causing this but I do not believe for this to be the case.  What other helpful debugging information would anyone need and I can gather it?