[Swift-devel] Test suite modifications

David Kelly davidk at ci.uchicago.edu
Wed Sep 28 14:56:53 CDT 2011

Hello,

I just wanted to let everyone know about some changes I've made to the test suite over the last few days.

You can now run a test multiple times by using a scriptname.repeat file. The file contains a number representing the number of times you would like the script to repeat

Each script now runs from it's own directory. The directory is run-YYYY-MM-DD/script-timestamp and includes all input, output, and configuration files used. This also fixes a potential problem where a test could incorrectly pass by looking at output files from a previous script.

The test suite now uses gensites. suite.sh will look first for a sites.template.xml file in the group directory. If that file exists, it will now be parsed by gensites rather than a local sed function. You can also now use a file called gensites.template. The contents of gensites.template is the name of a gensites template (ie, "pads", "local", "ranger"). This will be used by the provider tests.

There is now a test group for stress testing. It's located in tests/stress. The groupfile is groups/group-stress.sh. I have started with some tests for persistent coasters to help track down a bug, but feel free to add others here.

David