[Swift-devel] Persistent coasters hang

David Kelly davidk at ci.uchicago.edu
Tue Sep 27 14:38:25 CDT 2011

Hello,

I've been trying to reproduce the issue with the coaster channel commands timing out, so I've been adding some new tests to the test suite. I added a test called tests/stress/persistent-coasters/many-jobs. It starts the persistent coaster service and then runs catsn 1000 times. When I tried running it today it froze on the 89th test. I saw there was a null pointer exception in the log file, and jstack revealed a deadlock. I am using the latest 0.93. Links to the logs below:

http://www.ci.uchicago.edu/~davidk/stress/jstack.log
http://www.ci.uchicago.edu/~davidk/stress/catsn-140918/catsn-20110927-1409-krck1526.log

Thanks,
David