[Swift-devel] swift 0.93 deadlock

Michael Wilde wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Sep 16 11:50:55 CDT 2011

David and Papia, can you report to the list what the status is of running the SWAT app?

- I understand that Mihael will work on the 0.93 deadlock fix this weekend, which is great.

- I understand that its happening on trunk as well

- Papia, can you try to "perturb" the Swift code in the hopes that some equivalent but different code doesnt trip into the same bug? Ie try a different mapper, different variable strategy (ie arrays vs scalars, structs vs separate vars) just to see if you can work around this?  Or, put in some shell logic to catch the hang and kill and re-run (or resume) Swift?  if you just kill a hung script and then resume it, will it work?  We could maybe alter the hang checker to kill swift on its own, with a return code or message that you could use to trigger a resume.

Mike