[Swift-devel] [Swift-user] gram on ranger

Michael Wilde wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Oct 21 08:00:44 CDT 2011

David, "whatever the block allocation algorithm decides it should be" is the box-packing algorithm thats mentioned in the UCC 2012 paper and which we discussed late yesterday afternoon.

We should document it in the User Guide in an elaborated Coaster section.

I suggested to David that he add (at least temporarily pending discussion) the coresPerNode site attribute so that - at least for SGE - the provider can set the correct value in the core-count field of the SGE submit file "pe" attribute.

This seems to me to be necessary: we dont want to set the pe core count using jobsPerNode, as users on occasion need to set jobsPerNode to be higher or lower than the number of cores on the node.

- Mike