[Swift-devel] Status of swiftconfig

David Kelly davidkelly999 at gmail.com
Fri May 27 14:48:42 CDT 2011

Hello Tom,

I think, in general, swiftconfig is being replaced with another utility
called gensites. Gensites and swiftconfig are similar in that they create
sites.xml files based on templates.

Gensites can replace values in templates with environment variables or with
PBS style comments in a swift configuration file. There is some preliminary
documentation about how it works at
https://sites.google.com/site/swiftguide/home/managingsites. I need to
expand that documentation, but hopefully it should give you an idea of how
it works.

The template issue you are running into I think is due to there being a mix
of both swiftconfig and gensites templates in etc/sites. The gensites
templates are single files, where the swiftconfig templates are directories.
I just cleaned this up a bit in trunk, but 0.92 may still have a strange mix
of both.

Please let me know if you have any questions about how it works.

Thanks,
David