[Swift-devel] Status of swiftconfig

Thomas Uram turam at mcs.anl.gov
Fri May 27 14:15:00 CDT 2011

I need to build swift config files in a fashion to which swiftconfig appears well suited. In trying to run it, using swift 0.92 (Yes, I know about 0.92), I get:

turam at login1 bin 1106$ !sw
swiftconfig -template ssh
Unable to find template for ssh

In this case, what swiftconfig fails to find is this file:

/autonfs/home/turam/dev/swift-0.92/etc/sites/ssh/sites.xml

So it appears to assume that the template names are directories with a sites.xml file thereunder. In fact, the template names are themselves sites files. I've modified this in swiftconfig, which ends up throwing errors but eventually working, but I wonder:

What is the status of swiftconfig?

I checked SVN, and this disagreement over whether templates are directories or files persists there.

Thanks,
Tom