[Swift-devel] recent error on beagle

ketan ketancmaheshwari at gmail.com
Sun May 22 08:39:15 CDT 2011

I can confirm that the trunk is not usable for pbs provider. I am using
trunk for submitting jobs on beagle and I see a few unexpected things:

1. The stderr is showing inconsistent messages: The results are getting
written to the output even though stderr doesn't report any.
2. qsub jobs being cancelled inadvertantly: I submitted 40 of them
yesterday, however, only 2 survived today. The log is here:

http://www.ci.uchicago.edu/~ketan/files/ftdock-20110521-0337-pokpgg89.log

In addition, the ssh-pbs provider does not seem to be working for large
runs (it worked for a small number of test runs): Getting unexpected
stdouts. Following is the stdout:

http://www.ci.uchicago.edu/~ketan/files/ssh-pbs.stdout

Following is the log file for the above run:

http://www.ci.uchicago.edu/~ketan/files/ftdock-20110521-1750-b0cot9sa.log

Ketan

On 5/21/11 5:12 PM, Michael Wilde wrote:

> [...]
>>> for beagle. are all the things that make running on beagle work in