[Swift-devel] Setting up swift dev environment in Eclipse

Yadu Nand yadudoc1729 at gmail.com
Sat May 14 17:03:40 CDT 2011

Hi,

I am trying to set up a development environment in Eclipse (Helios 3.6.2)
on ubuntu 10.10. I've gotten eclipse running but I'm facing some trouble
importing the source. I've listed out some issues that need clarification,
any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

1. The online doc [1] says just a File > Import is enough, but helios needs
a project to start with. So I made a project, and in the setup wizard added
the source.

2. There is an option to choose which version of java to use, I opted for
java-6-sun-1.6.0.24

3. I tried to build from within eclipse but that generated some 30000+
errors. In order to step through the control flow, I need to get the code
to compile from the IDE, using ant from the commandline doesn't help
here.

I'm a GSoC student for swift this summer, and I'm new to the java dev
environment. So please bear with me if these sound silly.

Yadu