[Swift-devel] virtual clusters an swift

John Bresnahan bresnaha at mcs.anl.gov
Tue May 10 15:38:28 CDT 2011

Hello all,

I am looking to have make a repeatable launch program that brings up virtual clusters across cloud
domains for use with swift.  I have a few questions about what swift assumes about a cluster on
which it runs.

How does it access the machines?  ssh?  Is any other base software needed or assumed to be running?
Can it deal with clusters that have a single head node with an external IP but all internal IPs for
worker nodes?
Is there anything else that is assumed about the machines that swift uses.

Thanks,

John