[Swift-devel] duplicated job submission in swift-0.92?

Michael Wilde wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Mar 30 19:58:23 CDT 2011

I wouldn't do that quite yet. This is very curious, but I think its the likely cause of what you are seeing.  The foreach() loop in this case seems to be having double vision :)  Its either some Swift subtlety or a bug:

login1$ cat zz1.swift
int arr[];

iterate i
{
   arr[i] = i+1;
   trace(i, arr[i]);
}until(i == 1);

foreach a in arr {
  trace("for", a);
}

login1$ swift zz1.swift
Swift svn swift-r4157 cog-r3056

RunID: 20110331-0053-tkh8yla5
Progress:
SwiftScript trace: 0, 1
SwiftScript trace: for, 1
SwiftScript trace: for, 1
SwiftScript trace: 1, 2
SwiftScript trace: for, 2
SwiftScript trace: for, 2
Final status:
login1$

But, Zhao, you could in the meantime use much simpler code like so:

login1$ cat zz2.swift

foreach a in [0:3] {
  trace("for", a);
}

login1$ swift zz2.swift
Swift svn swift-r4157 cog-r3056

RunID: 20110331-0057-huo8jei0
Progress:
SwiftScript trace: for, 1
SwiftScript trace: for, 3
SwiftScript trace: for, 2
SwiftScript trace: for, 0
Final status:
login1$

I suspect we need to make this more clear in the user guide and tutorials :)

- Mike