[Swift-devel] Swift error: Application not available

Ketan Maheshwari ketancmaheshwari at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 18:28:42 CDT 2011

Hello,

I am trying Swift running on beagle talking to its PBS resources. However,
it seems I am getting inconsistent error messages.

I have following files(all attached): a swift source, tc(transaction),
sites.xml, cf(config), a binary

First, I try the following commandline:

swift -config cf -tc.file tc -sites.file sites.xml catsnsleep.swift -n=1

And get the following error:

The application "catnap" is not available in your tc.data catalog
Caused by: org.globus.cog.karajan.scheduler.NoSuchResourceException
Final status:  Failed:1
The following errors have occurred:
1. The application "catnap" is not available in your tc.data catalog

====

However, the application *is* available in tc since the following altered
commandline (intended for local execution) works:

swift -tc.file tc catsnsleep.swift -n=1

Swift svn swift-r4143 (swift modified locally) cog-r3056 (cog modified
locally)

RunID: 20110317-1709-9akduibd
Progress:
Progress:  Checking status:1
Final status:  Finished successfully:1
====

Finally when I just skip the config and use only the sites.xml as in the
following commandline:

swift -tc.file tc -sites.file sites.xml catsnsleep.swift -n=1

I get the following:

Execution failed:
    The application "catnap" is not available in your tc.data catalog
====

May be, I am missing something or doing something wrong. However, from an
end user/ beginning user point of view it seems the error messages are not
consistent/informative.

Regards,
Ketan