asciidoc: Re: [Swift-devel] A suggested web content strategy for Swift

Michael Wilde wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Mar 1 21:34:36 CST 2011

And, in defense of docbook, there is "asciidoc" - like reStructured text but for docbook:

  http://www.methods.co.nz/asciidoc/index.html

and

  http://kaczanowscy.pl/tomek/2010-09/a-perfect-environment-for-docbook

The asciidoc user guide, presumably done using asciidoc, has some resemblance to our current User Guide:

  http://www.methods.co.nz/asciidoc/userguide.html

This might let us make a smoother evolution from our current docbook markup to a kinder gentler markup.

Justin, I am with you on deciding this soon. We may need some more experiments to do that.

- Mike