[Swift-devel] A suggested web content strategy for Swift

Mihael Hategan hategan at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Mar 1 12:09:10 CST 2011

On Tue, 2011-03-01 at 11:54 -0600, Michael Wilde wrote:

> [...]

I believe that expressing tables like this:
+--------------+----------+-----------+-----------+
| row 1, col 1 | column 2 | column 3  | column 4  |
| row 2        | Use the command ``ls | more``.   |
| row 3        |          |           |           |

... is silly. You are drawing tables in text. Imagine the amount of work
required to add or remove a column.

The reason one would use this is if it would be desirable for the
documentation to look presentable in a plain text source file.