[Swift-devel] Swift unresponsive while using local provider.

Michael Wilde wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Jun 17 14:38:53 CDT 2011

Alberto, how long are you letting it run for, and under what environment? if you are running on your laptop, how much RAM do you have? Its possible that you are seeing paging delays if you are running the Swift Java app with too little memory.

Also, are you running trunk or 0.92.1? You should compare the two.

Its *possible* that this simple test is hanging under recent trunk mods, but its more likely that this is some kind of resource shortage.

Can you run this on one of the Swift lab machines bridled or communcado, or better yet on the MCS compute servers, or a PADS worker node (which you can get with qsub -I on pads)?

Look at Swift under the "top" command to see if Swift is running and slow, or is hung.

Stop by and we can discuss in more detail.

- Mike