[Swift-devel] Associative array in Swift [GSoC]

Yadu Nand yadudoc1729 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 14:20:34 CDT 2011

Hi Michael,

> Yadu, this is excellent.
Thank you :)

> Then you and Justin can go on to work on some new capabilities built on top of associative arrays, such as map-reduce mechanisms.
I've had some discussions with Justin over the features associative arrays
must have in order to be useful for map-reduce. It seems that there must
be some way to add multiple associations of values to the same key.
Right now, if I try :
a[0] = 100 ; a[0] = 200;
I get an error saying " a is closed with value 100"
Instead the above should probably make the lookup a[0] return a list of
values, say [100, 200] . I could really use help on this.

I will get started on the tests as soon as we decide on how the associative
arrays should behave and whats allowed and not.

--
Thanks and Regards,
Yadu Nand B