[Swift-devel] Associative array in Swift [GSoC]

Michael Wilde wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Jun 17 11:20:11 CDT 2011

Yadu, this is excellent.

Some of the next steps are:

- add tests to the test suite for associative arrays
- look into the behavior of the length() function
- thoroughly test the trunk code with these changes (and possibly without, if you need to determine whether any problems uncovered by the tests are related to your changes or not)
- work with Justin and Mihael and perhaps others on the team to review your changes.  - update the user guide to describe the new capability
- commit and announce the new capability

Then you and Justin can go on to work on some new capabilities built on top of associative arrays, such as map-reduce mechanisms.

Nice work on getting to this milestone!

- Mike