[Swift-devel] Documentation of sites.xml

Mihael Hategan hategan at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Jun 14 15:06:03 CDT 2011

On Tue, 2011-06-14 at 14:52 -0500, Thomas Uram wrote:
> Not badly. It seems like a natural fit for TeraGrid work, so I expected it to be there already.

The ssh library that we use doesn't support it (out of the box), and we
figured on TG Globus will suffice.

> I started with only the question about a gsissh provider, but then came upon another:
>
> - can the workdirectory be a relative directory? or must i know the
> absolute path to the home directory on each compute site to create a
> pool entry in sites.xml?

there's one way to find out...

I don't think we tried it in swift, but I know I tried hard in cog to
keep the semantics of non-absolute paths consistent across the board
(i.e. they are meant relative to the home directory, whatever that may
be on a site).