[Swift-devel] Walltime in PBS submit files

Michael Wilde wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Jun 3 09:54:52 CDT 2011

David,

Im not sure what coasters is thinking here. But first thing I would try is to set the maxtime value in sites.xml (which is in integer seconds) to something like 300 to make coasters realize that it can fit at least 10 30-second app calls into the 300 second coaster block.

With maxtime < maxwalltime coasters may be erroneously starting a block but finding that its unable to fit *any* app calls into it.

There are also settings you can apply (overallocation etc) to make maxtime more of an "exact time" setting. For example, if you do this:

<profile namespace="globus" key="maxTime">1800</profile>
<profile namespace="globus" key="lowOverAllocation">100</profile>
<profile namespace="globus" key="highOverAllocation">100</profile>

...then each coaster block started should have a maxwalltime of 1800 secs.

But your app maxwalltime needs to fit into this block time.

- Mike