[Swift-devel] OSG hang

Jonathan Monette jonmon at utexas.edu
Thu Jul 14 14:02:40 CDT 2011

Ok.  I ran globus-job-run tuscany.med.harvard.edu /bin/sh -c '/bin/ps -g engage'  from communicado before the swift script and got this:
PID TTY          TIME CMD
  341 ?        00:00:00 globus-job-mana
  447 ?        00:00:00 ps
13407 ?        00:00:00 globus-job-mana
14200 ?        00:00:00 perl
14202 ?        00:00:03 perl
17440 ?        00:00:00 condor_shadow

I then ran the swift script from the VM and ran the globus-job-run command from above and got:
  PID TTY          TIME CMD
 9145 ?        00:00:00 globus-gridftp-
 9493 ?        00:00:00 globus-job-mana
 9588 ?        00:00:00 bash
 9602 ?        00:00:00 sleep
11734 ?        00:00:00 globus-job-mana
11828 ?        00:00:00 ps
13407 ?        00:00:00 globus-job-mana
14200 ?        00:00:00 perl
14202 ?        00:00:03 perl
17440 ?        00:00:00 condor_shadow

So it does seem like the job get run on the head node.  When the job is finished on the head node(I checked several times with globus-job-run) Swift continues to execute(well it just prints the Submitted: 1 line over and over again).

So the next step is to set those environment variables Mike mentioned and try again?