[Swift-devel] OSG hang

Mihael Hategan hategan at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Jul 14 13:24:29 CDT 2011

On Thu, 2011-07-14 at 13:14 -0500, Jonathan Monette wrote:
> Hello,
>    I am trying to submit jobs from an Amazon VM to an OSG site.  I
> have tried Engage VO sites with a proxy created by both
> grid-proxy-init and voms-proxy-init.  When running swift it says it
> submitted the job but it looks like nothing is executing.

Is nothing really executing or is it swift not saying anything was done?

The distinction is important because the latter may mean that the
service isn't telling swift that stuff was done (this is what I was
alluding to yesterday when I said that if GLOBUS_HOSTNAME isn't set
properly, lots of things will break).