[Swift-devel] Running a command on all coasters

Justin M Wozniak wozniak at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Jan 25 17:06:51 CST 2011

Hello Tim
 	I've looked into this a bit.
 	First, there is the WORKERSHELLCMD RPC that is already in there.
You could call that from, say, an AllocationHook.
 	Second, there is the WORKER_COPIES functionality (cf.
Settings.java and worker.pl).  This lets you perform arbitrary file copies
at worker start time.
 	I was thinking the easiest thing might be to add a WORKER_SETUP
variable that would be similar to WORKER_COPIES and would execute right
after the WORKER_COPIES are done.  So, say, you could upload a script and
a tarball and perform a setup operation.
 	We could also have a WORKER_SHUTDOWN variable.
 	Justin

--
Justin M Wozniak