[Swift-devel] Running a command on all coasters

Michael Wilde wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Jan 25 17:06:10 CST 2011

Other than what Allan says below, there is no mechanism to do this, although such a function has been discussed in the past and there is interest in adding such a feature. It would likely apply to coaster workers only, though, and thus is semantically awkward at the language level.

Note that SwiftR uses a simple test to see if the initializer expression needs to be executed by the worker based on whether it has changed since the last R function eval.

- Mike