[Swift-devel] Re: provider staging stage-in rate on localhost and PADS

Allan Espinosa aespinosa at cs.uchicago.edu
Sun Jan 16 19:38:31 CST 2011

So for the measurement interface, are you measuring the total data received as
the data arrives or when the received file is completely written to the job
directory.

I was measuring from the logs from JOB_START to JOB_END. I assumed the actualy
job execution to be 0. The 7MB/s probably corresponds to Mihael's stage out
results.  the cat jobs dump to stdout (redirected to a file in the swift
wrapper) probably shows the same behavior as the stageout.

-Allan

2011/1/16 Michael Wilde <wilde at mcs.anl.gov>:
> Mihael,
>
> If I follow this right, your stageout rate (7MB/sec) is about what Allan saw
> for stage ins (~ 6MB/sec as I recall).
>
> But your stagein rate is 59MB/sec and 73MB/sec depending on the mode (file vs
> proxy).
>
> So that does not yet replicate what he's seeing (on the WAN).
>
> Allan, I cant recall if you sent numbers for local-host tests?

yes. The rates are still at 5-7 MB/s