[Swift-devel] Problem with 0.92 sending jobs to OSG via Condor-G

Michael Wilde wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Jan 13 08:45:48 CST 2011

This is very strange. I diffed the entire cog and modules/swift dir trees between my 0.92 and trunk working copies. The only changes I see are:
- my (one) local mod to remove Time:HiRes for Ranger in worker.pl
- David's patch to override (which *does* touch JobSpecification, suspiciously!

The latter I will investigate, but Im very surprised to see so few differences between 0.92 and a trunk working copy.

Mihael, I *thought* you integrated changes from stable-branch ( ~ 0.91) into the 0.92 branch. Or did you integrate those into trunk, and perhaps I took a later copy of trunk?  If you did indeed integrate the stable changes into trunk, *and* its possible that what I test on was not re-built after I did an svn update some time in the past few weeks, *then* perhaps the Condor bug crept in between recent changes to trunk.

Looking at svn log on my trunk copy, it seems almost as if one of these two adjacent revisions are somehow reverted or suddenly not working:
r2021 | b_z_c | 2008-05-16 10:01:46 -0400 (Fri, 16 May 2008) | 1 line

JDK1.4.2 compatible string mangling
r2020 | b_z_c | 2008-05-16 08:04:01 -0400 (Fri, 16 May 2008) | 1 line

double-quote symbols in arguments are now escaped

I will also try to back off the Override patch and compile with 1.6.  I cant understand how my trunk got compiled, previously, without the override patch.

So I'll try to check my update vs build dates, how I did my older (working) build,

Let me know if you have other ideas of how to diagnose this.

- Mike