[Swift-devel] Re: poor performance

Michael Wilde wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Jan 11 17:24:40 CST 2011

Hi Marc,

Mihael's reply to this was to remind me that he applied a Swift fix to try to address this.

That was done while I was focused on writing, and I forgot to follow up with you.

What we needed to do based on Mihael's last analysis of your logs was:

- rerun using the new Swift release candidate "0.92" which I need to build for you.

Can you confirm that you did *not* build this yourself, and that the latest run is still on the old, un-fixed Swift release?

- change your throttle and score values to something lower than 1,10000 (which we will need some advice from Mihael on). I suggested we try the new code with the throttles removed.

So while I wait to hear from you I will build Swift 0.92 on engage. And also start setting up for running on OSG form the CI network instead of engage-submit.

- Mike