[Swift-devel] Re: Swift on Eureka

Tim Armstrong tim.g.armstrong at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 13:30:47 CST 2011

I ran into this bug too but now have coasters working on Eureka.  My
solution was to generate a script to execute to cobalt with the argument
embedded:

cat > $HOME/batch.sub <<END
#!/bin/sh
export WORKER_LOGGING_LEVEL=$workerLogging
echo '***' COBALT_NODEFILE file: \$COBALT_NODEFILE CONTACT:$CONTACT
cat \$COBALT_NODEFILE
echo '***' unique nodes are:
sort < \$COBALT_NODEFILE|uniq
for h in \$(sort < \$COBALT_NODEFILE|uniq); do
  ssh \$h "echo Swift R startup running on host; hostname; cd /;
/usr/bin/perl $SWIFTBIN/worker.pl $CONTACT SwiftR-\$h $HOME/.globus/coasters
$IDLETIMEOUT" &
done
wait

END
chmod +x $HOME/batch.sub

Its kind of hacky but it does work.  Also, inconsistently with cobalt's
behaviour on BG/P, as far as I can tell on Eureka (all clusters?) it behaves
a lot like PBS in that it only runs the submitted executable on one cluster
node, and provides a list of other cluster nodes through an environment
variable.

- Tim