[Swift-devel] Swiftconfig merge / changes

wilde at mcs.anl.gov wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Feb 2 13:26:26 CST 2011

I agree that anything swiftrun does which we want to retain should be integrated into swift. Two things I think are important are:
- allow selection of a set of sites
- copy all relevant config information into the swift log (by default)

Regarding swiftconfig:
- I think we can code its functions in the lowest common denominator of /bin/sh capabilities
- the difficult part is organizing the many sites file variations into a manageable set of parameterized templates, possible both provided by swift and also managed as a sites template library by users or groups.

Mike