Re: [Swift-devel] Swiftconfig merge / changes

jon.monette@gmail.com jon.monette at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 00:04:22 CST 2011

I agree switching the swiftrun/swiftconfig to using bash may not be the best idea due to the above reasons David has mentioned. However I do not believe switching over to using Java is the solution. In the end swiftrun is calling swift which is a shell script. Having a java process call a shell script which in turns starts java processes may not be the best plan of action. May I suggest using python? Not much changes between python versions and it has very good xml libraries to work with. I do not believe there will be very many comparability issues in using python but in all programming there are always these issues. Python is also much easier to read in my humble opinion.