[Swift-devel] provider staging question

Ketan Maheshwari ketancmaheshwari at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 22:33:14 CDT 2011

Mike,

Here is an old mail snippet (May) that you sent about the scratch tag:

"
I was surprised to see that coaster provider staging used the
<workdirectory> tag to determine the jobdir on the compute node, on Beagle
where /tmp is not writeable.  I always thought that it would honor the <
scratch> tag to let the user specify the provider staging jobdir.  But this
seems not to be the case.
"

So, it seems that the scratch tag is not really honored.

Ketan