[Swift-devel] Website documentation

Justin M Wozniak wozniak at mcs.anl.gov
Sat Apr 23 12:00:07 CDT 2011

Yeah- I am trying to be more careful with umask.  Please send me your
error message and I will modify the chmods in the script accordingly.

For the new structure, I recommend that we stop using svn to move the
content and just push the simple documents.  I would be fine with a
cp-based method that only works from a CI system.

On Sat, 23 Apr 2011, Michael Wilde wrote:

> Looking deeper into this, I see that the permissions in /ci
> /www/projects/swift do not permit anyone in vdl2-svn to do svn-update
> and to run update.sh completely for the entire doc set.
>

> Justin, I think this occurred when you last worked on this directory.
> Can you see if update.sh works for you at the moment? That should push
> David's committed tutorial corrections to the live content.
>

> I suggest that rather than correct this, we push ahead updating the
> entire per-release doc set to asciidoc and then adjust update.sh and the
> /ci/www/projects/swift directory to match it. David, can you do this
> under bug 375, and propose the new structure with a README that outlines
> how all the directories and content-push scripts will be organized?
>

> Thanks,
>

> Mike

Justin M Wozniak