[Swift-devel] Swift Documentation Platform

Michael Wilde wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Sat Apr 2 15:34:55 CDT 2011

----- Original Message -----
> Building this list is a good start. Where should we store it?

Same web as the ReleasePlan:

  https://sites.google.com/site/swiftdevel/release-plans

which is where we should move:

  https://sites.google.com/site/swiftparallelscripting/swift-docs-todos

> You could also add the other CoG and Karajan docs.
>
> As of Wednesday we decided we are giving up on Google Sites for user
> documentation, but we are going to continue with the swift-devel site
> for
> internal (but publically-readable) notes.

This sounds good. If any pages there need to be private to the group, they can.

Maybe one more sites/ web: swftgroup for internal group matters unrelated to swift.

> We're thinking of putting at least a month into asciidoc. Once we have
> that in place, we should be able to easily paste things into there
> from
> any source.

With a few guidelines, we can try editing a few of the doc items in transit from the cookbook into asciidoc.  We dont need the whole doc toolchain working: just enough to generate eg an html page or pdf.

Is that something we can do soon? We'd need to start and maintain a content writing guide and some references to asciidoc.

Then we need a way to separate the "core web" from "per release" documents.