[Swift-devel] Coasters Configuration Optimizations

Ketan Maheshwari ketan at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Apr 1 17:03:42 CDT 2011

Hello,

Today, I successfully ran an experiment with 5000 tasks on beagle with Coasters. These modFTdock tasks correspond to the production grade modFTdock parameters and each task takes around 20 minutes to complete.

After some discussions with Mike, I configured my sites.xml file to obtain necessary resources on beagle.

However, it seems that I did not configure my sites.xml optimally as the resources requested exceeded my requirements.

In summary 13 blocks for 24 hours and 4 blocks for 22 hours (120 nodes) were requested while the needed were at most 4 hours on each block or more on less number of blocks.

Attached are the following:

sites.xml
tc.data
A qstat snapshot at the completion of the experiment.

Suggestions and insights on how to optimize the configuration are welcome.

Regards,
Ketan